CalQRisk - Upcoming Webinars
Tuesday May 24th, 10:30am
Globally, many regulators have introduced regulations around the outsourcing of critical functions and the dependencies on key service providers. We’ve seen several sanctions over the last few years – most recently, the Central Bank of Ireland fined BNY Mellon Fund Services over €10 million for regulatory breaches relating to outsourcing.
An Outsourcing Governance Framework is key to ensuring you’re effectively managing any risks your firm is exposed to, as well as satisfying any relevant regulatory obligations. In this 45 minute webinar, we’ll cover the following –
- What is an Outsourcing Governance Framework?
- What should be in your Outsourcing Governance Framework?
- The different stakeholders involved
- And much more
Thursday, June 9th 10:30am
It's now been four years since the GDPR came into force, but what has actually changed? We've seen court cases, fines, challenges, and more over that four-year period. In this 45-minute webinar, we'll explore the following:
- Has anything changed since GDPR came into force?
- Geopolitical landscape – Brexit, Privacy Shield, etc.
- Developments in the supervisory regime
- Information security – what are “appropriate technical and organisational measures”?
- What's coming down the road?
Fundamentals of Good Governance for NGBs & LSPs
Wednesday, June 15th 10:30am
With the increased scrutiny (both from the public and regulators) on the governance of sporting bodies in Ireland, organisations may find themselves exposed to negative publicity, cuts in funding and more. Having good governance structures in place is not just a tick-box exercise. Good governance gives sponsors, regulators, directors, members and other stakeholders confidence that your organisation is one they want to be associated with.
- Join us for this 45-minute webinar, we'll explore:
- The Fundamentals of Good Governance
- The Governance Code Requirements
- Evaluation of Board / Self-Assessment
- Evidencing Good Governance
Fundamentals of Outsourcing/Third Party Management
Increasingly, organisations are depending on third-party service providers to deliver their business-critical services and globally, we’re now seeing regulators introducing rules around outsourcing.
Regardless of the regulatory environment that you operate in, robust third-party management is good for your organisation.
In this webinar, we’ll focus on –
• What is Third Party Management?
• What does ‘Good’ look like?
• Case Study – hear from Brendan McGrath, Group Director - Risk and Audit with Centaur Fund Services on how they manage their third parties
• Using CalQRisk to manage Third Parties - a brief demonstration
Cybersecurity for Senior Management and Risk Officers
Cybersecurity is an enterprise-wide challenge. You will not be secure if you believe this is just an IT problem.
Join us on this free 45-minute webinar if you want to learn the key elements of managing cybersecurity within your organisation. In this session we will cover:
- What is Cybersecurity
- What are Risk Management and Senior Manager's responsibilities?
- Standards and Guidelines of Cybersecurity
- Elements of Cybersecurity – the NIST Approach
- How to Identify, Protect, Detect, Respond and Recover
- Reporting to and Assuring the Board.
- Solutions to help you manage Cybersecurity as a manager
Risk Management in the Public Sector
During this 1 hour free webinar, we will cover all the core elements relating to risk management for the Public Sector.
We will be joined by guest speaker Aidan Horan, Director in the consultancy, training and development directorate at the Institute of Public Administration (IPA) who will speak on the topic of “Risk Management - Contemporary Topics”.
In this session we will discuss:
• What is Risk Management?
• Roles and Responsibilities
• The Risk Management Process
• Risk Criteria / Risk Appetite
• Code of Practice for Governance of State Bodies
• “Risk Management - Contemporary Topics” with Aidan Horan (IPA).
• Solutions for Risk Management in the Public Sector